Monday, August 9, 2010

popSPIN Week 5: Losin' it

Last week, a coworker came into my office and we started discussing the possibility of moving new furniture in to make the space more functional. Our casual conversation turned into two and a half hours of throwing away old files, tapes, and other unusable space-destroyers--many of which existed long before my time. It was such a relief to lose this stuff. I feel like I have a brand new office, and I didn't spend a dime.

Losing weight, losing guilt, losing inches, losing a cold--those are obviously good things to lose. But sometimes, it's in loss that we discover what potential we really have to break out and be great. Look at Wynonna Judd. "No One Else On Earth" would never have been without Naomi's Hepatitis.

My favorite thing to have lost is the checklist of what I'm supposed to be, because it allowed me to actually be who I already am. I wanted to see if that could be expressed in spin class this week, and I thank you for coming.

"Imma Be" Black Eyed Peas
"Nothin' To Lose" Reba McEntire
"Lose Yourself" Eminem
"Oh L'Mour" Erasure
"Lose Control" Missy Elliot
"Losing My Way" Justin Timberlake
"Lost Your Mind" Beyonce
"Footloose" Kenny Loggins
"Hit 'Em Up Style (Oops!)" Blu Cantrell
"Lost In Your Eyes" Debbie Gibson
"Lose My Breath" Destiny's Child

No comments:

Post a Comment