Sunday, May 1, 2011

The trick to weight loss you've never heard...

When people have noticed my weight loss in the past, I've always responded with the same self-deprecating joke..."thanks for noticing the tapeworm!"

Sometimes, scratch that, all the time, I've followed a weight loss compliment with a "Well, I'm gettin' there but not quite!" And that's crazy. Why not just enjoy it? The biggest difference this time is that I have simply agreed every single time someone has noticed my shrinkage.

"Wow, Sean, you look great!" they will say to me, and I respond with, "I feel it, thank you." I don't talk about my goal for next month, I ask them if they also noticed my tight cheekbones and my lean thighs, "because that's how I noticed I am losing weight!"

By being an advocate for my own body and my own weight loss I am losing weight and keeping it off. I am beautiful however I look, but my ass is Hella juicy now, and I tell people that. It's the "Yes And" rule of improv. "Sean, you are hot!"

"Yes and I'm sleeping better and running a seven minute mile again and I would totally fuck me!"

And because I don't hate me cause I'm beautiful, and because I see that I am fly, I want to keep eating healthy and living right. And for the first time, managing my weight doesn't feel like a sumo wrestling match. But damn, I'd look good in that outfit, Honey.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment