Thursday, March 18, 2010

Setting Boundaries

You can't stay skinny unless you do it--set a boundary, that is.
Fried Monterey Jack Cheese Sticks taste like video games at Black Angus while my parents laughed at the bar.
No one loves you as much as you have to love yourself.
You will not die from the discomfort of setting a limit.
We have to say no.
Meat-Lover Pizza tastes like just after soccer practice.
Put your air mask on before the child next to you.
Cut the people who fuck with you a break.
Grudges get boring.
Being the victim has it's limits.
Nacho Cheesier Doritos with Ranch taste like after-school watching Ricki Lake.
You can smell a pushover from a mile away.
You can hear a predator from a kilometer away.
Pecan Praline Dream Ice Cream, melting in a bowl tastes like late-night guilt about boners for the guy who played Hunter.
When we say no, it doesn't need explanation.
If you have been hurt, saying so doesn't make you weak.
It helps you move past it.
If the answer is no, the answer is no.
Otter Pops taste like being the weirdo in summer camp.

If I don't believe in myself I won't say no. If I don't believe I deserve the best, I'll keep saying yes when I mean no. When I feel fat I surround myself with people who make me feel fat. When I feel poor I put myself with people who want me to have a different job, a better job--more esteemed job. I can't win. I sink. They sink, too, but they feel like they're swimming. We're drowning in a bed of urine, and I have to take a shower before I suffocate from the smell I couldn't breathe until now.

When I hated myself, no one could love me enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment