Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Unshaking

The last month has been insane. I have been contemplating so much change. I took a new job after so much thought over where I want to live and what I want to be doing. Do I want medical benefits or do I want the glamourous life? Do I miss my nieces and nephews and psedudo brothers and sisters enough to move home and work at Starbucks? Should I move to Los Feliz or closer to my new job or to Bakersfield to buy a home? Should the dogs switch to Revolution from Comfortis?

The truth is, I miss home. A lot. I think eventually I want to go back and live there and get the doggies a yard. I want to be an 11 in a C level gay town. I want to work at the governors office in advocacy. I want to have a picnic with free parking.

But I have unfinished business here.

I'm headed home tonight with the kids (woof!) with a quick stop in Yosemite to find Sheridan and ask why he didn't react better to Oprah. (how fucking crazy is Season 25 Behind the Scenes?!?). Maybe this trip will help me decide what I want to do.

I read a line from I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings last night that really hit me: of all the needs a lonely child has, the one that must be satisfied...is the unshaking need for an unshakable God.

I'm that lonely child right now. But there is hope.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment