Sunday, August 30, 2009

Does He Love You? (Part 2)

...my sickening, debilitating crush and his girlfriend, Renee and my best friend Ashley (who won first place for best eyes, female) were there also. My very conservative Christian friend Maggie came, and I loved her because she was one of a handful of other virgins left after high school. Her Republican dad was our mayor. They lived in the oldest house in Folsom, built by their ancestors, and more recently it was where a dead baby had been excavated and found in a shoebox, believed to have been buried around the turn of the Twentieth Century. No charges were filed against the mayor.

Nate and Renee and Ashley and I set up camp. I was useless at setting up a tent, and my worst enemy Mike Hassleback, the class jock who hated me for being fat and for beating him in the Student Council election for class representative during our junior year kept calling me “Reba fag” because I was wearing my autographed Reba 1995 tour jacket, and because I couldn’t figure out how to nail a stake.

Quit calling him that, Mike.” Margie said. “It’s not nice to accuse someone of something like that.”

“I don’t care if he’s got muscles,” Heather Gonzales told me. “He looks like Mask.” Then she walked right up to Mike and got in his face, “Hey Hassleback, where’s your mom, Cher, you fucking ugly fuck,” she opened her eyes just slightly, "You look like fucking MASK."

Heather and I talked all night. Well, she talked all night. She was wasted far after everyone went to sleep. She told me about her mother who drank more than she did, if I could imagine that. She told me she didn’t believe in sex before marriage but that she made Bo eat Chocolate ice cream so that when she blew him it was sweet. She told me she was sick of everyone thinking she was Korean for having light skin and sleepy looking eyes. She’s Mexican. I was starting to get tired, too when Ashley walked up hesitant.

No comments:

Post a Comment