Sunday, August 30, 2009

Does He Love You?

A follow-up to this entry...

Everyone was at the lake for my going-away camping trip, but all I wanted was one more night playing guitar with my best friend, Nate. I just needed one last chance to prove to him that I was the one, or one last chance to prove myself that I wasn't in love with him.

My friend Shayna, a beautiful Irish Girl with Redwood-colored hair and thick, natural freckles sat on a wooden bench next to her crutches. She was the first-runner up in high school for "best eyes female" but whenever you reminded her of that she rolled her eyes and moaned, "Oh, yeah," especially since breaking her leg and living with so much pain in her shoulders from walking on her crutches.

Her boyfriend Alex, the Chinese trust fund kid whom she constantly fought with, then made up with over a private sushi dinner at the restaurant next door to the Blockbuster Video, was with her but felt uncomfortable sleeping outside.

That was fun to watch.

Heather Gonzales was there in all of her crazy glory. The only Latina in Folsom, she had no regard for formality or social cues. She spoke loudly and with her eyes closed and she smoked almost as much as she drank. She came with her boyfriend, Bo who was 5'11" and 135 pounds. He was a mute and they were still virgins, though they'd been dating since 8th grade, almost six years ago.

Nate, the focus of...

No comments:

Post a Comment