Monday, March 21, 2011

Thick-skinned

No matter how old I get, I never stop worrying that I've hurt someone's feelings or wonder if I lived wrong by somehow not treating someone like I want to be treated. When I know I've fucked up all I want is to make it right--I hate seeing anyone hurting at my expense. And I know people are tough, thick-skinned, probably more than I am. But that doesn't change the fact that causing a frowny face on anyone makes it impossible for me to sleep.

Still, I flip off old people who drive like shit. I gossip at coworkers. I avoid returning a one night stands texts. I cut in line at movies. I argue over customer service. I write jokes about incurable disease. But I'm trying to be better, all the time. And it's becoming easier to say, "will the wisecracks be worth the restless night?". Almost always, the answer is no.

Almost.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:N Sweetzer Ave,Los Angeles,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment